Department of Phoniatrics
Our department is one of the oldest medical unit, which focus on treating communication disorders. It was established in 1945 as the Institute of Speech pathology. Prof. MUDr. PhDr. Miloš Sovák, DrSc, physician and speech pathologist founded this institute. We became part of the Child University Hospital (later the University Hospital Motol).
In 1964, when MUDr. Ivan Šupáček, CSc became chief physician, the Institute of Speech pathology was renamed to the Phoniatrics Department. In accordance with new tasks, the name was extended to Phoniatrics Department and Rehabilitation Center for Child Cochlear Implants in 1996.
Our department is currently led by the psychologist PhDr. Eva Vymlátilová, and we are the part of ENT Clinic of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine of Charles University.