Department of Stomatology, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague and Motol University Hospital
Main focus of the clinic:
- complex stomatological care of children and adolescents with a focus on child and adolescent care.
- treatment of disabled patients under general anesthesia
- maxillofacial surgery
- birth defects and jaw anomalies
- facial injuries
- jaw and face tumors
- restoration after partial face paralysis
- skull base surgery
- temporomandibular joint disorders
Clinic also participates in the oncology-hematology program; this involves not only treatment of patients with tumors, but reconstructive surgery for post-therapy and ionizing radiation treatment (radiation therapy) deformations as well.
Another group of patients is formed from people with birth and developmental defects involving jaw and face growth disorders. These patients go through surgical or orthodontic treatment.
Our another priority are patients diagnosed with craniofacial malformations. We are the only clinic in Czech Republic which performs surgeries for these patients, who are mostly children. Last but not least, we collaborate with the Trauma Center in treatment of children and adults.