Parking is allowed either in the hospital premises or you can choose to park at covered car park – entrance from Kuklova Street. There is a fee for parking. If you enter the hospital premises between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. you can leave within 30 min without charges. If you arrive between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. you have 3 hours of parking for free( note: in case of 17:59 arrival you will only get 30 min for free and every other hour will be charged 30 CZK per hour).
Disabled patients are allowed to park at the hospital free of charge for however long.
For the parents of children patients who are long term hospitalized free parking spaces are allocated in covered and patrolled car park. The permits for the car park are granted to the parents on the basis of filled application form. Application forms are available at UHM website.
The application form contains written certificate from attending physician about long term hospitalization of the child.
The certificate has to be produced by parents upon arrival at the entrance of the car park to the member of security. Then the free car park space will be allocated to them by the security staff.
Review of the car park spaces can be found here
The Rights and Obligations of Patients
(Introduction of the patient to the health services and terms in accordance with § 46 paragraph 1 point a) of Act No. 372/2011 Coll. and its amendments)
The Rights of Patients
1. Health care services might be provided to the patient only with his free and informed consent, unless the law says otherwise.
2. The patient has a right to the provision of medical services at an appropriate professional level. The appropriate professional level is understood as a provision of medical services according to the rules of science and recognized medical practice with respect to the patient´s individuality, specific conditions and real capabilities.
3. Patient has rights during the provision of medical services:
a) For respect, treatment with dignity, considerate behaviour, privacy whilst receiving medical services according to its nature;
b) To choose the medical services provider according to its needs and also choosing the medical facility unless the law states otherwise;
c) To request consultation with another provider, possibly another medical worker than the one who is originally providing him with medical services; this statement cannot be applied in the case of acute care provision;
d) To be introduced to the Internal Rules of Motol University Hospital;
e) To be informed in advance about the price of health services not covered or partially covered by the public health insurance and the method of payment, if his/her health permits it;
f) To know names and last names of the medical workers and any other specialised workers who participate in the provision of medical services and also students preparing for the medical profession, who are present at the moment of the provision of medical services or are possibly participating themselves as a part of their practical experience;
g) To refuse presence of persons who are not directly participating in the provision of medical services or who are preparing for the medical profession;
h) For the provision of medical services in the least restrictive environment while ensuring the quality and safety of these services.
4. Patient has also rights during the provision of medical services:
a) For the continuous presence of a legal representative, or a person designated by the legal representative, a guardian or a person in whose care the patient was entrusted upon the court or another authority decision, if the patient is the minor;
b) For the continuous presence of a legal representative or a person designated by the legal representative, if the person is deprived of legal capacity, or a person with limited legal capacity in as much that he/she is not eligible to consider the provision of health services, or the consequences of their provision;
c) For a presence of a close relative or a person designated by the patient;
(The presence of above- mentioned persons shall be in accordance with legal regulations and internal rules of the Motol University Hospital. The presence of these persons should not disturb the provision medical services and it is also possible only within the capabilities of Motol University Hospital).
d) To receive visitors in Motol University Hospital in accordance with the health status and also internal rules of Motol University Hospital. The visit should not disturb the rights of the other patients unless the law says otherwise;
e) To receive the spiritual care and spiritual support from representatives of the clergy of the churches and religious communities registered in the Czech Republic or persons delegated to provide spiritual care within Motol University Hospital. The method of the provision should not disturb the rights of other patients and it should be in accordance with his/her health status unless the law says otherwise. The patient may not be refused a visit from the representatives of the clergy in the case of a life threatening situation or serious damage to health, unless the law says otherwise.
5. The Patient with sensory disability or with severe communication problems caused by health reasons has a right to communicate by means which are understandable for him and with the use of communication tools chosen by him including methods based on interpreting by the another person (this will be also used in the case of interpreting from another language except Slovak).
6. The Patient with sensory or with physical disability, who is using a special trained dog (guide dog or assistance dog) has in accordance with the actual health status a right for its escort and its presence in Motol University Hospital. The methods used must be in line with Motol University Hospital internal rules, without disturbing other patients, unless the law says otherwise.
7. The Patient has a right to be informed about his/her health status and recommended individual treatment including all its changes. This is related to the patient´s right to refuse to give consent to the provision of health services or to withhold this consent if all legal conditions are fulfilled.
8. The patient has the option to waive the submission of information about his/her own health status, or he/she may designate the person who can submit it, if all the legal conditions are fulfilled.
9. The provision of the information about the patient's health status and access to the medical records.
a) The Patient has a right to access the medical records related to him/her and take statements or copies. This can be done only with the presence of a Motol University Hospital employee and under the condition that the provision of medical services will not be disturbed. To take a statement or a copy of the law provides for a period of 30 days from the receipt of the request.
b) The patient may, on admission to hospital (or at any time thereafter), identify persons who may be informed of his condition , which may determine whether these persons may inspect the medical records kept on him or other records relating to his state of health, and whether they can take extracts or copies of these documents.
c) The patient may, on admission to hospital (or at any time thereafter), prohibit the giving of information about his state of health to any person.
d) The patient may withdraw his consent or refusal to provide information about his/her health status at any time.
e) The patient has the right to determine the extent to which information on his/her health is to be given to the designated persons and has the right to disclose how they can be provided with the information (e.g. orally, in writing, etc.).
10. Legal representative´s agreement
a) The patient may, on admission to hospital (or at any time thereafter) identify persons who may express agreement or disagreement with the provision of health services for him, if such patient in view of their health status will not be able to do so himself/herself and not be a health service that can be provided without consent. If such a person does not exist or he/she is not available, the approval will be required from a spouse or registered partner. If even such a person does not exist or he/she is not available the approval will be required from the parent. In the case that even a parent does not exist or he/she is not available the consent will be required from another person with a proper legal capacity, if known.
11. The patient may prohibit the presence of people preparing for the medical profession, who may participate in the provision of health services. The patient also has the option to withhold consent to these people accessing the medical records kept on him/her.
12. Previously expressed wishes
a) The patient can express his approval or withhold consent (hereinafter ”previously expressed wishes“) with the provision of health services in advance in case he will get to the status when he/she will not be able to do it due to the health reasons.
b) The patient may also make previously expressed wishes on admission to the University Hospital Motol or at any time during hospitalization, for the provision of health services provided by FN Motol.
13. The patient may lodge a complaint against the conduct of FN Motol for the provision of health services or activities related to the health services.
The Patient´s Obligations
1. During the provision of medical services the patient is obliged:
a) to comply with an individual treatment process, if the provision of health services is agreed,
b) to follow the internal rules of the medical department of FN Motol
c) to pay FN Motol the price for provided health services not covered or partially covered by public health insurance or other sources that were provided with his/her consent,
d) to truthfully inform your health care professional about the current development of his/her state of health of, including information on infectious diseases, health services provided by other providers, the use of medicinal products, including substance abuse, and other facts essential to the provision of health services,
e) not to drink alcohol during hospitalization or other addictive substances, and there shall be at the discretion of the attending physician, in justified cases, an examination in order to establish whether or not he/she is under the influence of alcohol or other addictive substances
f) if the patient refuses to show his/her identity card, FN Motol may refuse to provide health services, unless the patient cannot, where it is necessary to provide emergency care.
2. Smoking Ban
a) Smoking in indoor areas FN Motol is prohibited. Smoking in the prohibited area is an offense for which the administrative authority may impose a fine of up to CZK 10,000. In the case of a refusal to comply with the said procedure authorized employees of the Motol University Hospital may request the Prague Metropolitan Police and the Czech Republic Police to enforce compliance.
b) A patient who smokes can additionally be classified as unsuitable for a proposed individual treatment procedure. Disobedience of immediate compliance with the smoking ban can then be grounds for termination of hospitalization.
FN Motol = abbreviation for Motol University Hospital (Fakultní nemocnice v Motole)
- Useful information (87,09 KB)