The Department of Ear, Nose and Throat is part of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and the University Hospital in Motol
It represents a teaching workplace for undergraduate students as well as a training workplace for postgraduate and postgraduate students (Ph.D.). The workload also includes scientific research and testing and implementation of new technologies suitable for children in the ENT area.
In addition to a comprehensive program of examination and therapy in the entire ENT field, the clinic specializes in the following issues:
- Diagnosis of hearing disorders in children from newborn age
- Rehabilitation of hearing disorders in children, phoniatric and speech therapy care
- Center for Cochlear Implants in Children in the Czech Republic
- Application of BAHA hearing aids in children
- Endoscopic procedures in children in the area of the nose, nasopharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery in childhood and adolescence (concentrations from all over the Czech Republic)
- Plastic surgery of cleft defects in the period after birth
- Congenital malformations in children in the ENT area
- Cancer in children in the ENT area
- Respiratory disorders in sleep, sleep monitoring
The clinic cooperates with all pediatric specialized workplaces of the University Hospital in Motol as needed. During the diagnosis, it relies on a modernly equipped hospital complement.
Ambulance No. 1: MUDr. Daniela Kolešková Order No .: 224 432 690 (Mon-Fri from 07: 30-08: 30 and 14: 00-15: 00)
Office hours: Mon-Fri: 8:00 - 15:30
Counseling clinic: MUDr. Milena Marková Order no .: 224 432 663
Office hours: Wed: 9:00 - 12:00
Audiometry for the polyclinic: Mon-Fri 8:00 - 15:00 (must be ordered at 224 432 690)
MD Michal Jurovcik
Every Tuesday from 8:30 to 12:00
order no .: 224 432 601 (Mon-Fri 8: 00-10: 00)
MD Petr Myška
Wednesday: 8:00 to 12:00 13:30 to 17:30
Thursday: 8:00 to 12:00 13:30 to 17:30
Friday: 8:00 to 12:00 except the first Friday of the month
as. MD Hana Fišerová: Every Monday from 8:00 to 12:30
order no .: 224 432 663
Otosurgical outpatient clinic
Every Monday from 13:00 - 15:00
order no .: 224 432 601 (Mon-Fri from 08: 00-10: 00)
Otolaryngology clinic - hearing screening up to 6 months of age and hearing screening in children aged 5 years
MD Pavel Hermann: Every Wednesday and Thursday morning
Ordering at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ambulance for thyroid disease
as. MD Rami Katra, Ph.D.: Every Tuesday from 13:00 - 15:30
Order No .: 224 432 601 email@example.com (Mon-Fri from 08: 00-10: 00)
Diagnosis of extraesophageal reflux: 24-hour combined multichannel impedance and esophageal pH monitoring
as. MD Rami Katra, Ph.D.: Every Tuesday from 13:00 - 15:30
Order on no .: 224 432 601 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri from 08: 00-10: 00)
Ambulance of sleep disorders in sleep
MUDr. Jan Burian, MD Lucie Chárová: Every Wednesday from 13:00 to 15:00
Order number: 224 432 690
Plastic surgery clinic
as.MUDr. Jiří Borský, Ph.D.: every Thursday from 11:30 to 14:00
Order number: 224 432 601 (Mon-Fri from 08: 00-10: 00)
Tuesday: 12 - 00 p.m., doc. MD Zdeněk Čada, Ph.D.
Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. - 15,00:XNUMX p.m., emergency reception
Head of the endoscopy center: MUDr. Michal Jurovcik
In addition to a comprehensive program of examination and therapy in the entire ENT field, the clinic specializes in the following issues:
Cochlear Implant Center
Cochlear implantation in children (performed only at the local clinic) - over 1000 patients have been implanted so far. Long-term rehabilitation under the leadership of a team of phoniatrician, speech therapist, clinical engineer is absolutely necessary.
The center was established on the basis of a successfully defended IGA grant from the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic in 1993.
These operations were performed at the ENT clinic of Charles University, 2nd Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital in Motol as the first in the Czech Republic.
As part of the grant, BAHA screw was implanted in 9 patients. After the operation was included in the list of services of the health insurance company, another 2008 patients were operated on in 2. V year 2009 was already the operation is included among the regular procedures at the clinic.
Around 1000 endoscopic procedures in children each year, they de facto create an endoscopic center with centralization
- of all more complex foreign bodies in the respiratory and swallowing tract in children - connection to the bronchological and pneumological center prof. Pohunka
- treatment of stenoses and strictures of the larynx and trachea in children - we concentrate the most difficult cases from all over the country
- laryngeal papillomatosis in children - we also concentrate the most difficult cases from all over the country
- reconstruction of laryngeal developmental defects (in cooperation with the pediatric cardiocenter and trachea).
Center for surgical treatment of thyroid disease in childhood and adolescence
- From 2005 to 2013, we successfully operated on over 300 pediatric patients with thyroid disease.
- The main surgeon and coordinator is MUDr. Katra Rami, Ph.D., who specializes in neck surgery.
- We provide comprehensive care and, in cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology of the National Hospital, also postoperative adjuvant therapy.
- The advantage of the endocrine surgery center is an individual approach
- Our results are comparable to world centers.
- Following the treatment of children with cystic fibrosis, we perform interventions for VDN.
- At the ENT clinic, the first, so far unique swallowing center is being established, where the swallowing rehabilitation is conducted on the basis of an analysis of a slow-motion cinematic recording of the swallowing act and esophageal manometry. We build on the latest research in the world. The condition is a perfect evaluation of the cause and location of the swallowing disorder.
- The ENT clinic provides facilities for the children's and operating children's oncology clinic and thus helps to provide comprehensive care for children with cancer.
- Collaboration with a genetic laboratory for the detection of the gene for Connexin 26, which is responsible for deafness in about 50% of congenitally deaf people.
- The clinic has launched a tissue engineering project to create a cartilaginous basis for reconstructive operations in the middle ear (grants from the GAČR and cooperation with the Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry of the ASCR).
Management and staff
Head: Doc. MUDr. Zdenek Cada, Ph.D.
Primary: MD Petra Dytrych, Ph.D.
Clinic management: 224 432 601
School representative: MD Jiří Skřivan, CSc.
Head nurse: Adriana Laudátová
Secretariat: White Bit
Department 8C - 224 432 630
Chief physician: as. MD Rami Katra, Ph.D.
Station nurse: Petra Forejtová
Division 8C - ICU - 224 432 634
Chief physician: as. MD Lucie Gernert
Station nurse: Zuzana Nováková
Department 8B - 224 432 665
Chief physician: MD Zuzana Balogová
Station nurse: Ilona Kysilková
Polyclinic 3rd floor - 224 432 690
Station nurse: Andrea Sedlackova, DiS.
Ambulance No. 1: MUDr. Daniela Kolešková tel .: 224 432 681
Counseling Ambulance: MUDr. Milena Marková phone: 224432663 (We 9-12h)
Phoniatric clinic: MUDr. Zdenka Aksenovová, Ph.D., phone: 224 432 698
Secondary physicians in inpatient departments
MD Zuzana Balogová
MUDr. Petra Belko - t.č. and MD
MD Manuela Bodláková
MD Nikola Bílkova
MD Jan Burian
MUDr. Lucie Kešnerová - t.č. and MD
MD Hana Fišerová
MD Lucie Gernert
MD Pavel Hermann
MUDr. Anna Zelinková - t.č. and MD
MD Rami Katra, Ph.D.
MD Barbora Nymšová
MD Radek Pavel
MD Kristyna Vaněčková
MUDr. Gabriela Urbanová Vicherová - Friday only
MD Nikola Bílková, M.D. Barbora Nymšová - item no. on MD
MD Luboš Nacko
MD Anna Procházková
MD Václav Kameník
MD Zuzana Libáková
MD Lucie Charová
The inpatient department of the ENT clinic is located in the building of the children's monoblock, 8th floor of departments C and B
In both departments there is a dining room, a games room with equipment, including the possibility of computer activities, WIFI, TV and payphone. There is also a Sony PlayStation game console in the older children's section.
House rules for parents accompanying children admitted to the inpatient part of the ENT clinic of the 2nd Medical Faculty of Charles University and the MOTOL University Hospital
Dear Parents, We welcome you to our department and would like to present you with an overview of your rights and obligations and our requirements. It is essential to create the best possible conditions to support the treatment and protection of your children. If your stay at the clinic is covered by an insurance company, it is from the funds intended for treatment. We assume that you will be actively involved in the treatment process and that together we will be able to create a friendly environment for all children who have to spend more or less time at the clinic. We very much appreciate your helpful attitude as well as your mindfulness and consideration towards children with disabilities and those who cannot have their parents with them.
The clinic has several folding chairs designed primarily for accompanying children under 3 years. We prefer to store breastfeeding mothers or escorts with handicapped children.
The hostel has beds to accompany children under 6 years of age paid for by the insurance company.
For children over 6 years of age, an escort can be accommodated only for a fee at the hostel, this stay is no longer covered by the insurance company, therefore the escort is not entitled to food either. Absence from work must be dealt with by the employer in agreement.
For every child can be only 1 escort at a time from 7.00 am to 20.00 pm Anyone can be an accompanying person. Please respect the fact that we accommodate same-sex escorts in the rooms. If capacity and operational reasons do not allow accommodation, we offer the possibility of sleeping in a hostel.
All other visits, including the second of the parents, come to the ward during the visiting hours, ie from 15 pm to 18 pm.
To maintain basic hygiene rules (including maintaining good interpersonal relationships and protecting the personalities of all children in the clinic) it is necessary:
1. observe the regime of the day of the ward, which is posted on the notice board. At the same time, follow the instructions of the nursing staff, who must reconcile the needs of all children (including visits, counseling, transport from the ward to the operating room and back).
2. each child has his / her own bed, if the accompanying person places the child in his / her bed which does not allow for adequate security, the staff cannot be held responsible for his or her possible fall.
3. Do not move armchairs or other furniture in the rooms. The chairs can be folded up after 20 hours by arrangement with the nurse. In the morning it is necessary to pass them by 7,15 am. Please do not close the blinds on the door so that the nurse has the opportunity to check on the children.
4. If you leave the child, always report it to the relevant ward nurse (she is responsible for the ward), put the child in a cot and secure her. When you return, call and report by home phone, do not let anyone in the ward, to ensure the safety of children, every newcomer must report to the nurse.Never underestimate this measure!
5. Stay with your child mostly in the room or in the playroom. Use all your free time to develop the child, his needs and games. Please do not walk or stand in the corridor of the ward, do not let your children run here. From a security point of view, this corridor must always be passable.
6. Respect the noon calm, from lunch until 15.00 pm, when the child must rest on his / her bed all the time! Only by harmonizing the rest time of all children can we achieve an adequate effect for strengthening the body of each - even your - child.
7th visits to all children (including escorts) are from 15.00 pm to 18.00 pm On the day of the operation, a maximum of two family members can visit, the child needs peace to recover. Children from the age of 3 can visit the ward (this also applies to the child's siblings). Bedding is possible for bedridden patients. Visits to the ICU can only be individual, it is necessary to use the coat you receive from the nurse.
8. Please help keep order, bring delicacies to children only to a limited extent. We welcome you to think of children who are not attended by their parents, but always ask your nurse if you can share a foreign child.
9. information about the patient's health will be provided by the attending physician during the morning visit, or agree with the physician when he / she will have more time for your questions. The information is given to only one of the parents, or agree with a partner to be with the information together. Respect the right to personality when providing information and leave the doctor and the informed parent in sufficient privacy. You have the right to ask the same parents for the same.
10. Follow a hygiene and diet, it is part of the treatment. Guide the children with your example and upbringing in the rooms.
Boarding of accompanying persons - hospitalized :
It is determined by the rules set by the insurance company and the priority right of the child. The first and last day of hospitalization is counted as one, so food is paid for only one day - the day of admission begins with dinner.
- Fully breastfeeding mothers receive food on the ward throughout the day.
- Escorts accommodated in the ward receive breakfast here, for lunch and dinner they go to the company canteen, escorts accommodated in the hostel come to the company canteen for all meals - request meal vouchers from the nurses.
The escort leaves for food only when the child is fed, placed in a cot, secured and forward to the relevant section nurse. In no case can we endanger the child by leaving it in the pram.
If the child's escort is hospitalized or sleeps in a hostel, he / she has free parking only in the parking lot of the University Hospital in Motol, otherwise the whole area is paid. Upon receipt, the accompanying person will request a form for free parking and with this form will park his vehicle as soon as possible in the covered parking lot at the designated location.
If you need to exhibit INCAPACITY FOR WORK, apply for this on the day of admission, we do not confirm the treatment of a family member. Incapacity for work can be issued retrospectively for only 3 days.
If you have valuables or a large amount of money with you, you can store them in the safe in the adult building. We do not guarantee for valuables and cash deposited at the department.
Smoking is prohibited in all hospital areas. In the outdoor area, it is possible to use only designated places for smoking.
Do not hesitate to contact your doctor and nurse who run the treatment regimen with your questions. We appreciate your cooperation in favor of your child's speedy recovery and your comments leading to improved care for young patients. We will also appreciate moral, material or financial assistance to the hospital's donations for the ENT clinic of the 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University
Equipment of the device
- The 2 operating theaters of the clinic are fully equipped for ENT surgery. They contain complete surgical equipment for ear, throat and nose operations, 2 large operating microscopes, 7 diagnostic-operating microscopes, 2 microscopes with accessories are in the bone laboratory. Microscope recording equipment, endocamera and ceiling and accessory cameras enable audiovisual transmission of operations to the auditorium and their recording.
- Complete endoscopic equipment is used for operations on the larynx, bronchial tree, esophagus and paranasal sinuses in children, including 6 flexible endoscopes of all sizes. The instrument for interventions on the paranasal sinuses enables endoscopic functional interventions in children in accordance with the world trend
- Microsurgical instrumentation and magnifying glass optical system
- Shawer System, CO2 LASER, Harmonic scalpel
- Complete system for neuromonitoring
- Diagnostic battery of devices for objective hearing examination - the latest clinical audiometers, tympanometers, otoacoustic emission devices, BERA, SSEP enabling to measure the hearing threshold in non-cooperators. Audiovisual boosting audiometer for the youngest children (also a unique device).
- The device for esophageal manometry allows to evaluate the function of the upper esophageal sphincter (for the rehabilitation of swallowing) and the passage of food through the esophagus in children and adults.
- State-of-the-art device for extraesophageal reflux diagnostics - combined multichannel esophageal impedance and pH monitoring (Omega - MMS)
- The clinic works on a comprehensive computer network with full Internet access, educational audiovisual equipment is able to connect to the academic network for real-time audiovisual conferences.
The ENT clinic was established as a workplace of the Children's Medical Faculty of Charles University. It began to develop in the "find" in Karlov in 1946 and focused on children's ENT issues. The first chief was Prof. MD B. Wiškovský, which he replaced in 1953 Doc. MD Jan Chvojka. In the years 1960-1979 he ran a clinic Doc. MD Jan Klos, DrSc. Since its inception, the clinic has worked closely with the ENT department of the Central Military Hospital in the teaching of medics, where internships for adult patients took place.
The clinic moved to the new premises of the hospital in Motol in 1978. In 1981, he took over the management of the clinic Prof. MD Jaroslav Fajstavr, Dr.Sc. At the same time, the Children's ENT Clinic was merged with the Motol ENT department for adults. Even after the merger, the autonomy of both workplaces was preserved, with all the advantages of close cooperation in clinical, pedagogical and scientific research activities. In 1998, in connection with the opening of a new monoblock for adults and reorganizations in the Prague healthcare system, the children's section became independent again. With the departure of prof. MUDr. Fajstavra retired, took over the management of the clinic doc. MD Zdeněk Kabelka Ph.D..
Prof. Fajstavr has been very involved in creating the image of the clinic. As an excellent surgeon, he developed his technique, based on the Hradec Králové school of Prof. Hybáška, mainly in the field of pediatric ENT. A close connection with the Department of Pediatric Oncology formed a team of collaborators, able to diagnose and surgically solve oncological diseases in children in the ENT areas at European level. Another important field of interest for the clinic is endoscopic examinations of the larynx, tracheobronchial tree and esophagus, including the operating solution. One of the best experts in pediatric endoscopy was the long-term medical deputy head of the clinic, primary MUDr. Jiří Kanta, who after his retirement was fully replaced by the head MUDr. Pavel Březovský. This springboard enabled their successor, the headmaster, MUDr. Milena Marková not only continues the tradition of perfect diagnostic and treatment procedures, but also shifts the clinic's capabilities thanks to the acquisition of state-of-the-art technology. Since 2008, MUDr. Jurovčík, who further improves the technique of endoscopic procedures, mainly through the development of laser technology and the introduction of biodegradable stents.
Therapy congenital malformations in the ENT area and surgical treatment of hearing loss it is also one of the professional topics of the clinic, developed from its establishment to the present cochlear implant surgery in children. Cochlear Implantation Center for Children, headed by Doc. MUDr. Zdeněk Kabelka, was the first workplace in the Czech Republic to start dealing with this issue in children. The program of cochlear implants in children was started in 1993 and in 2013 the total number of operated children reached 530, currently at 2016 the center is approaching the number of 700 operated patients. Another significant shift is the introduction of bilateral cochlear implantation in patients with congenital deafness.
New operating room equipment and new equipment with special surgical instruments enable finer operating techniques in general, especially in the middle ear area. Hand in hand with the development of surgical options, the diagnostic possibilities of the clinic are also developing. Apparatus for hearing examination they allow the examination of children shortly after birth and relatively very accurate determination of the hearing threshold even in very young children help unique SSEP device, which was the only one in Central Europe in 2000. Currently, the diagnostics is further refined using the Hearlab device.
The surgical treatment of the diseases of the paranasal sinuses and the tactics of treatment have changed significantly with the adoption of the concept functional endonasal surgery and the use of new medicines. Issues is successfully dedicated to MUDr. Hana Fišerová in cooperation with the departments of imaging methods, allergology, immunology and microbiology.
Prim. MUDr. Michal Jurovčík followed on endoscopic tradition of the clinic and continues to develop state-of-the-art endoscopic techniques, including applications laser, shaver, microshaver and harmonic.
Gradual increase in number thyroid disease for children, it required the creation of a new specialized center dealing with endocrine surgery. The number of operations exceeds 50 per year. The main surgeon is MUDr. Katra Rami, Ph.D., who specializes in cervical surgery in general, with a special focus on the thyroid and parathyroid glands in childhood and adolescence. We provide comprehensive care to our patients and, in cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology of the National Hospital, also postoperative adjuvant therapy. We rely heavily on an individual approach. From 2005 to 2013, we successfully operated on 300 pediatric patients with thyroid disease. Our results are comparable to world centers.
Due to the fact that the problem of so-called extraesophageal reflux also appears in the pediatric ENT area, our workplace is equipped with a device for measuring reflux episodes. This type of examination is known as 24-hour combined multichannel impedance and esophageal pH monitoring. This is the latest method to detect different types of reflux, especially those that extend beyond the esophagus and reach the airways.
For the professional public
- Science and teaching
- Events and seminars
- Social activities
He has been working at the ENT clinic since 1999 OReL Endowment Fund whose main goal is to improve the equipment of the clinic, both at the level of a better environment for children and at the level of equipment and professional care.
He has been the chairman of the foundation since 2014 as. MD Katra Rami, Ph.D., who took over this function after prof. Fajstavrovi.
- The ID number of the foundation is 48547999.
- Sponsors can contribute to the KB account: TBU any amount.
- Queries can be addressed: email@example.com , 22443 2601
If they are interested, they can also determine the purpose for which their gift is to be used - equipment, equipment, apparatus, tools, sending a doctor to a congress, etc. If the amount is precisely determined, the contract handles its appropriate use. We are happy to meet with sponsors to show them the specific output, equipment improvements, children's environment, the function of the acquired device and the importance that this assistance brings.