3rd Department of Surgery, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague and Motol University Hospital
Welcome to our website which should provide you with basic overview of the structure, provided care, undergraduate and post-graduate education, and scientific research activities of our clinic.
We are the only department in Czech Republic which performs lung transplantations. Our clinic provides comprehensive expert care in the following areas:
- Lungs surgery
- Trachea and air passages surgery
- Lungs transplantations
- Esophagus surgery
- Mediastinum and myasthenia gravis surgery
- Chest wall and chest deformities surgery
- Minimally-invasive videothoraciscopic techniques
- Esophageal reflux disease, diaphragmatic hernia, esophageal achalasia treatment
- Stomach and enteron surgery
- Liver, biliary tract and pancreas surgery
- Colon and rectum surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Minimally-invasive laparoscopic techniques
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands surgery
Varicose veins in the lower limbs surgery
We can guarantee care at the highest possible level thanks to very close cooperation with other specialized departments of the University Hospital Motol and the possibility of consulting with foreign experts. As well as that, we can assure our access to the most advanced methods, procedures and technical equipment.
Our team sees their main goal in providing the best possible combination of patient care, educational and scientific activities. Our clinic’s main objective is to be a place, where sensitive and personal approach to patients is always to be expected and first-rate medicine is a common standard.
We appreciate your interest in our clinic very much.
Doc. MUDr. Robert Lischke, PhD., Head of the Clinic