Conditions for allowing visits to hospitalized patients 2021/2022
Due to the epidemiological situation, visits to:
- Department of Spondylosurgery, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University and University Hospital Motol
- Department of Oncology, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University and University Hospital Motol
- Department of Internal Medicine, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and Motol University Hospital
- Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University and University Hospital Motol
- Department of Pulmonology, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and Motol University Hospital
- Department of Pediatric and Adult Orthopedics and Traumatology, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University and University Hospital Motol - adult part only
Exemption from the ban is only possible for patients in the terminal stage and is governed by the conditions below.
The management of the medical workplace decides on the regime of visits according to the clinical condition of the patient, specific operating conditions at the ward and according to the currently valid measures of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.
Standard wards - visits allowed under the conditions listed below.
Department of Intensive and Postoperative Care - the suitability of the visit is decided by the attending physician, the regime of the visit is then governed by the conditions below.
Visits to patients in isolation mode:
- observe the set anti-epidemic and isolation measures,
- visit is not allowed in patients diagnosed with COVID-19, exceptions are allowed by the attending physician.
If a visit is allowed, the following rules are followed:
- without symptoms of respiratory diseases (eg COVID-19),
- an FFP2 respirator without an exhalation valve (or nanotag) fitted throughout the visit, [except for children under two years of age who do not need respiratory protective equipment, and for children between two and fifteen years of age if they have another respiratory protective device ( nose, mouth), which prevents the spread of droplets],
- upon arrival at the ward, the visitor performs hygienic hand disinfection,
- the visit takes place preferably outside the room when the patient's condition allows it (outdoor areas, dining rooms, games rooms or patient rooms in the ward in compliance with organizational measures such as time limits, screens, etc.),
- a visit to a multi-bed room at the ward takes place in compliance with organizational measures, such as time limits, screens, etc.,
- staying with the patient for the necessary time.
Extraordinary and protective measures of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic. Read more here:
Visits to relatives and acquaintances are possible daily. The recommended visiting hours are mainly from 14.00 pm to 18.00 pm However, the visiting hours vary from department to department, depending on the nature, so consult your doctor.