We offer spiritual care to all people - without religion or any religion.
Where to find a hospital spiritual care center?
In the "Space of Silence", which is located in the main building of the adult part of the University Hospital in Motol (ground floor of the entrance hall for information). It is open daily 24.00.
On telephone number 224 439 543 - it is possible to leave a message on the answering machine (we will get back to you as soon as possible).
In urgent cases, you can call your mobile at any time: 739 244 352, 737
When can members of the Spiritual Care Center be contacted?
Regular weekdays; by prior arrangement and on the weekend. In urgent cases at any time.
What can they help with?
- They provide spiritual support to patients, relatives and FNM staff.
- They mediate contact with clergy from various churches and religious societies on request.
- They co-organize religious ceremonies and prayers in the "Space of Silence" and in individual departments.
- They co-organize education in the field of spiritual needs and hospital care for staff, volunteers and the public.
Who do we offer hospital spiritual care to?
- Patients who suffer from loneliness, sadness or fear during hospitalization.
- Patients who deal with urgent relationship or existential issues related to the illness.
- Patients who do not cooperate with the environment and need to strengthen their sense of trust and hope.
- Patients who lose the meaning of life due to illness and suffering.
- To patients who need to talk or welcome only the presence of another person.
- Relatives who themselves mentally ill bear the illness or separation of a loved one.
- Relatives who have difficulty finding words when communicating with a sick family member.
- Relatives who need encouragement to accompany a sick or dying loved one.
- Relatives who experience emotional stress caused by the loss of a loved one.
- Relatives who need to retune, rest or gain new strength.
- Staff who feel exhausted, irritated or depressed.
- Staff who lack a sense of security and satisfaction when working in a team at the workplace.
- Staff who need to consult on major decisions with ethical implications.
- Personnel who are affected by personal or family worries that complicate their work performance.
- Staff who urgently need support from another person for various reasons.
- Who provides spiritual care at the University Hospital in Motol?
- Currently, there are 7 internal hospital clergy with theological education - a total of 4,0 full-time.
- In their work, they are bound by the confidentiality and ethical code of hospital clergy from 2006.
Code of ethics to download: Code of ethics (30,50 KB)
Information on providers of spiritual care at the Motol University Hospital
Mgr. Simona Tesařová - hospital clergy
He has been working at FNM since the end of 2009.
Education: Evangelical Theological Faculty of Charles University, Psychotherapeutic course for chaplains, Seminars on "Guilt and Forgiveness".
Experience: Pastoral practice in the parish service at ČCE churches, pastoral service in the psychiatric hospital in Bohnice and in the hospice (Staré Bohnice).
Since 2007, chaplain of the Prison Service of the Czech Republic Prague-Pankrác. He also consults in German.
Mgr. Deborah Kaminská Ph.D. - hospital clergy
He has been working at FNM since May 2013.
Education: Faculty of Evangelical Theology, Training in Logotherapy and Existential Analysis, Secondary Medical School - Physiotherapy, Doctoral studies at the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University in the field of Medical Psychology and Psychopathology.
Experience: 4 years coordinator of spiritual care and hospital clergy at FTN in Prague, 5 years psychotherapist at the Psychiatric Clinic in Prague, 4 years physiotherapist. He also consults in English and French
Mgr. Štěpán Faber - hospital clergyman
He has been working at FN Motol since May 2013.
Education: Catholic Faculty of Theology, Charles University; study stay on the topic of "providing spiritual care in a hospital", pastoral course of pedagogical methodology - Erfurt; postgraduate studies in CIC matrimonial law;
Experience: 21 years of pastoral practice within the parish - deacon; pastoral practice in the field of catechetics; methodical management of the exercise house. He also consults in German.
Mgr. Jakub Formánek Ph.D. - hospital clergy
He has been working at FN Motol since March 2014.
Education: Evangelical Theological Faculty of Charles University, master's degree in theology and doctoral in philosophy,
study stays in the USA and Germany.
Trainings: Person-centered psychotherapeutic training - PCA completed 12/2014, coaching training and basics of NLP completed 2015, Relaxation hypnosis with Erikson's approach IH) completed 3/2016.
Experience: Osmlet provides spiritual care to patients in the Chvaly Medical Rehabilitation Center, three years in the Bulovka Hospital; ordained deacon of the Church of the Brethren, sent by the ERC and ČBK as a hospital chaplain. Consults in English, German and French.
Mgr. Petr Blecha - hospital clergy
He has been working at FNM since April 2015.
Education: Catholic Faculty of Theology, Charles University, Seminars - Crisis Intervention, Trauma, Technique of Working with a Man in Crisis (Remedium Prague). Aspects of working with trauma, Me and my borders and security, Case study seminar (ČIB Prague). Self-experienced therapist. PBSP group (three years).
Experience: 25 years of pastoral and spiritual accompaniment, counseling - spiritual. He consults in Italian and English.
Mgr. Gabriela Junasová - hospital clergy
He has been working at FNM since January 2018
Education: Evangelical Theological Faculty of Charles University - Bc. (Theology of Christian Traditions), Catholic Theological Faculty of Charles University - Mgr. (Theological teachings). Erasmus LLP - Heythrop College, University of London. Evangelical Theological Faculty of Charles University in Prague - qualification course of special pastoral care - Hospital Chaplain (ending June 2017).
Experience: Volunteer in the program Dobroduš - Diakonie ČCE, then in PL Bohnice - hagiotherapy groups, and NMSKB in Prague - palliative department, LDN and relief stays - Domov sv. Karel Boromejský in Řepy. He also consults in English.
Mgr. Lenka Payne - Hospital clergyman
Education: Faculty of Theology, Charles University, training in Rogers psychotherapy, Course of hospital chaplains at the Faculty of Theology, Charles University
Experience: She also works as a hospital chaplain in the hospital in Bulovka and in the Hospice Strasbourg in Prague Bohnice.
ThDr. Anna Lukešová
He has been working at FNM since 2010 - he provides spiritual support to all patients and their loved ones, regardless of their religion.
Education: Hussite Theological Faculty, Charles University; further studies in Strasbourg and Montpellier on the topic "Personality and practice of the clergy". Study stay at the British and Foreign Bible Society and Nyon: "Listening Service, Hospital Service, and Blessing Service."
Experience: 16-year-old pastor of the Czech Academy of Sciences - care for the sick and dying within the parish; 3 years of providing spiritual support to patients at FTN in Prague and 6 months of caring for sick and dying patients in a hospice. He also consults in French and English.
Spiritual Roman Catholic Churches:
Spiritual Orthodox Churches:
Mgr. Vasyl Cherepko
He has been working at FNM as an assistant clergy since January 2014 - he provides spiritual support to patients, relatives and FNM employees when he explicitly shows interest in her.
Education: Kyiv Spiritual Academy and Seminar.
Originally from Ukraine (Zakarpatska oblast), he consults in Czech, Russian and Ukrainian. Authorized to serve as a hospital clergyman on March 3.3.2015, XNUMX by the Office of the Metropolitan Council of the Orthodox Church in the Czech Lands.
The coordinator of spiritual care at the University Hospital in Motol is:
She has been working at FNM as a coordinator since November 2019.