If you suffer from an acute health problem, have emergency and life-threatening health condition, you can visit Emergency Room (ER), First Aid Room for adults - First Aid Room or ER for children.
If you do not have valid Czech public health insurance and visit hospital during working hours of the Dpt. for Foreign Patients, you must:
- register at the Dpt. for Foreign Patients.
- contact in advance your insurance company (Uniqa, VZP for foreigners, Ergo, AXA Interpartner, travel insurance);
- take passport/ID and insurance card with you;
- pay a deposit for examination in case the insurance company refuses to pay for it;
- if you posess European health insurance card, you must take it with you and check its validity;
The deposit amount depends on expected treatment.
After examination the patient comes back to the Dpt. for Foreign Patients, where you get final invoice for examination.
The patient should recon with possible higher final proce for the examination than the paid deposit. In this case the patient must pay extra at the desk of the Dpt. for Foreign Patients.
If you visit the hospital when the Dpt. for Foreign Patients is closed, you go directly to the ER (for adults or children), readably fill in a form there and the next day we will contact you to arrange payment, or you can contact us yourself.