Fakultní nemocnice v Motole University Hospital in Motol

přejdi na obsah | přejdi na menu | přejdi na vyhledávání

History


The tradition of Clinic of Child Surgery dates back to 1902, when the first Czech Child hospital was established. In 1903, MUDr. Václav Kafka Sr. (1869 – 1946). became the first head doctor of child surgery and orthopedics. He stayed in this position continuously until 1939 and tried to practice child surgery to the full extent common at that time. In addition, he was also dedicated to orthopedics. In 1939 he was replaced in his position by prof. MUDr. Metod Mikula (1885 – 1965).

After Mikula, the position of the head doctor was taken over by prof. MUDr. Václav Kafka, DrSc. Jr. (1902 – 1991). Under his management, the School of Pediatrics was established and the child surgery department was transformed into the Clinic of Child Surgery. Professor Kafka engaged mainly in child urology. He was also one of those, whogave birth to child cardiosurgery. Under his management, pectoral and abdominal surgery was developed further.

 



Professor Kafka retired in 1968 and was replaced by prof. MUDr. Václav Tošovský, DrSc. (1912-2007). Tošovský´s main interests was child bone traumatology, congenital defects of the gastrointestinal tract, and abdominal emergencies in children. Children with congenital hydrocephaly were also treated at the clinic. Under his management, child oncology separated from the Clinic of Child Surgery and later was turned into the Clinic of Child Oncology. Under the management of prof. MUDr. Josef Koutecký, DrSc., this clinic became one of the largest child oncology clinics in Europe. Under the management of prof. MUDr. Vladimíra Beneše, DrSc, the department of child neurology also separated from the Clinic of Child Surgery. CardioCenter was established in 1978, its surgical section was transferred from the Clinic of Child Surgery. The cardiosurgery section was led by prof. MUDr. Bohumil Hučín, DrSc.

 


From 1979 to 1990, the Clinic of Child Surgery was managed by prof. MUDr. Miroslav Kabelka, DrSc. (1924 – 1995). Professor Kabelka returned to our clinic after a long-term stay in the USA. He introduced modern methods of child (mainly neonatal) surgery to our clinic. First separate department of neonatal surgery in our country was established under his management. He also developed thoracic surgery, especially esophagus surgery further, and introduced a new operating procedure for resolving intestinal agangliosis.

 


Prof. MUDr. Jiří Šnajdauf, DrSc. (born 1949). has been the head of our clinic since 1990. We currently specialize in neonatal surgery, treatment of congenital developmental defects of the gastrointestinal tract, issues of deformity of the chest wall and thoracic surgery (including minimally invasive surgery) as well as surgery of the liver, biliary tract and pancreas. Furthermore, we treat anorectal malformations and tumors of the liver, kidneys and retroperitoneum at our clinic, as well as problems with lung metastases. We also deal with child urology and polytraumas.

Partners

© University Hospital in Motol, 2012. All rights reserved.

Subscribe to news (RSS)

Site Map

developed by MEDIA FACTORY